* Dave Rolsky ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [010510 12:43]:
> I think the author of SPOPS is also a mod_perl user (I'm pretty sure he's
> posted to the mod_perl list in the past) so I'd expect it to play nice.

Mostly one of the 'silent majority', tho :-) (Plus, we met at last
year's YAPC -- sheesh, the memories on some people! ;-)

(Sidenote: how many folks are going to YAPC this year?)

> I'm not sure exactly what the goal of SPOPS is, so I'll let the author
> speak for himself.

(gee, that sounds like an invitation to get out the...)

<soapbox>
SPOPS is built to map objects to relational databases, or other data
stores. If you're just getting/setting object properties and
persistence (create/update/fetch/remove) along with relationships
among the objects, you don't even need to write any Perl code. Just
some fairly simple configuration info. Plus you can (if you wish) get
per-object security for free.

IMO, it also works quite well in an environment where you need to
retrofit a framework onto an existing datastore, since SPOPS doesn't
require special fields or tables (unless you're using security).
</soapbox>

More upon request, or on the OpenInteract
(sourceforge.net/projects/openinteract/) mailing lists.

Chris

--
Chris Winters ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Building enterprise-capable snack solutions since 1988.