> What would really help is if all the ISPs out there put filters on their
> routers to catch these requests as close to their source as possible.

        Hey.  Real quick, this discussion is getting a tad off topic,
but, in terms of security, the ideal way to handle this is and prevent
future spread of such worms for all of the IIS users in the crowd:

* setup a bank of webservers
* setup your scripts to use a proxy server
* put a firewall before your webservers and proxy servers
* deny all traffic FROM your webservers to port 80 and 443
* allow all traffic from your proxy server

        Cheers.  Now can we get back to mod_perl?  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden

PGP signature