I have a test system up and running. Anyone want to write a mod_perl handler to
redirect
to a warning page if the clients IP is in the list? I'm not really sure which phase
would be the least intrusive into existing applications.

telnet www.swiftcamel.com 2222
Then hit enter and you'll see the latest list of servers that have attempted the hack
including the number of attempts per IP address (comma seperated). I only list servers
if we've received more than 1 attempt on different web servers. I've used our logs to
compile the initial list. (quite scary how many machines out there are infected.)

You can also dump a list of IP addresses once you connect (one per line) and they will
be added into the database. Blank line ends reception. Optionally you can add the
requested URI after the IP address on the same line seperated by a comma and it too
will
be logged. I'm working on a web interface to search the list of IP's.

grep default.ida access_log | mail -s 'codered' [EMAIL PROTECTED]
and we'll add the IP's you logged to the system.

--
Mark Maunder
Senior Architect