On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, matt wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:
> > On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, matt wrote:
> > > which I obviously want to get rid of before going to production.
>                                          ^^^^^^
> > Anyway why do use Apache::Reload in production?
> > Also you don't want to have PerlWarn On in production.
>
> We are not in production yet.

whooph :)

> > See the guide for more info.
>
> Yes, thank you for the guide, it has been my main reference as I've
> got to learn mod_perl.

:)

> > What's this Loader? Does it do some File::Find dirs traversing and
> > automatically loads the files it finds?
>
> Yes, it runs through some given paths, matching files that match the
> type of class that it should find in those paths. It then requires
> those packages. It also generates methods via AUTOLOAD to allow
> you to query what classes are available.

The behavior you see ["xxx redefined"] is normal. Apache::Reload reloads
files because it detects that they have changed and then you see all the
reload messages.  Now why your code get Apache::Reload confused and makes
it believe that your modules were changed is the question.

Is there a chance that you touch(1) the modules in question, which causes
their timestamp to be updated, and thus be newer than the one stored in
Apache::Reload's memory?

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/