On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, matt wrote:

> Stas,
>
> > The behavior you see ["xxx redefined"] is normal. Apache::Reload
> > reloads files because it detects that they have changed and then you
> > see all the reload messages.  Now why your code get Apache::Reload
> > confused and makes it believe that your modules were changed is
> > the question.
>
> I thought this was the case, after reading some of the
> archives. However in my original post:
>
> > > I am using Apache::Reload and from other posts it looks like
> > > getting redefined messages is expected behaviour. However, when
> > > I no longer use Apache::Reload, I still get the copious logging,
> > > which I obviously want to get rid of before going to production.
>
> I noted that even after removing all traces of Apache::Reload, the
> problem won't go away.

Oh, OK, so it has nothing to do with Apache::Reload, sorry for missing
this point in your original post.

> > Is there a chance that you touch(1) the modules in question, which
> > causes their timestamp to be updated, and thus be newer than the
> > one stored in Apache::Reload's memory?
>
> Checking with ls(1) immediately after an apache restart, I can
> see that the status and timestamp is unchanged, but (as expected)
> the access time is set to the current time. While I haven't checked
> the Apache::Reload source, it seems pointless to update modules if
> only their access times have changed.

So it has something to do with you Loader. May be you are using do()
instead of require()/use(). Or may be you mangle with %INC?

Something forces the reload of your files. I'd suggest putting something
like:

use Carp;
cluck("I was loaded");

in one of the files
run the server in single server mode (httpd -X)
and check the trace on the second reload.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://localhost/      http://eXtropia.com/