Perrin Harkins writes:
 > Tatsuhiko Miyagawa wrote:
 > >
 > > Announcing the Adapter module which provides a way to use
 > > Cache::Cache subclasses as Apache::Session storage implementation.
 >
 > Hmmm...
 >
 > Apache::Session does very little beyond what Cache::Cache does.  In
 > fact, the only things I can think of are the tied interface, which is
 > slower than methods and often confuses people who make updates deep
 > within the structure that don't trigger a save, and the ID generation,
 > which is really just a stub and needs to be replaced for any serious
 > project.

[ preface: if there were a [EMAIL PROTECTED] list, I think this
discussion would be better received there. can someone make such a list? ]

Above and beyond the efficiency issues you discuss above, could you
comment on what Apache::Session would need to be useful in a serious
project? I have found it very useful in conjunction with CGI::Cookie
to maintain state between forms.

I mean, as far as I can see, it does one job and does it well with no
perceived shortcomings in my eyes. But evidently something in your
experiences leads you to other conclusions. And I would like to hear
about this.