princepawn wrote:
> Above and beyond the efficiency issues you discuss above, could you
> comment on what Apache::Session would need to be useful in a serious
> project?

I was commenting specifically on the ID generation.  The algorithm
supplied does not guarantee unique IDs, especially when you have a
cluster of machines.  The design of Apache::Session makes it possible to
drop in your own replacement for ID generation, which is what you should
do if you're building a large-scale production system.  Last time I
needed to deal with this I used mod_unique_id as my starting point,
which does generate unique IDs across a cluster.
- Perrin