Tatsuhiko Miyagawa wrote:
> Cache::Cache is a cache interface for any key-value pairs with
> optioinal automatic expire & purge.
>
> Apache::Session is a framework for persisntent hash data with
> unique identifier and automatic serialiization/deserialization for
> hash.

To me, they both look like persistent hashes.  Apache::Session assumes
you will be storing a serialized hash in each hash value, and that it
will generate IDs for keys if you don't supply one, but otherwise
they're about the same.

> Why not combine these two? That's all what this module does.

Okay.  Just wondered if I was missing something.

> Cache::Cache ensures file-based atomic update. But IMHO
> it's not enough for Apache::Session's session transactions, which
> should be done exclusively. Session data would get logically
> inconsistent when there are multiple concurrent requests with same
> one session id.

Apache::Session uses shared read locks, so I think you can still have
problems there.  It doesn't gurantee an atomic read-change-modify.

- Perrin