At 02:28 PM 10/23/2001 -0400, Perrin Harkins wrote:
>Stephen Adkins wrote:
>
>> If no one suggests an appropriate list, I propose starting a "p2ee" group
>

>Can I just say that P2EE is a horrible, horrible name?  It includes the
>Java version number (when is J3EE coming out?), as well as Sun's
>desperate attempt to make it sound like something you buy ("Edition")
>rather than simply a collection of APIs.
>
>Something simple, like Perl Enterprise Project or Perl Enterprise APIs
>makes more sense to me.

Hi,

Several of you have made the same good point.
And now the naming flame war has already begun... ;-)

Unless there is violent opposition, the name will be

   Perl Enterprise Framework

I would rather name it after the outcome (Framework)
than the process (Project).

The mailing list will be

   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (preferred)
or
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (in case Nathan already has it set up)

If this seems reasonable, let's not flood the list with "ok with me"
messages or "how about 'foo'?" messages.

Stephen