Amazon seems to include your session id in the URL in addition to a cookie.
I assume they do this to personalize when cookies are turned off and to
prevent proxy caches from caching personalized pages and serving them to the
wrong end-user.  If you happen to type in a URL, they can revive your
session from the cookie.  Pretty nifty trick.

- Kyle