Jon Robison wrote:

> Someone please tell me if I am wrong - does the USER_AGENT field get
> some kind of special serial number from the browser, or is it just a
> version identified?
>
> Best example - large company with 1000 PC's, all with same Netscape
> installed.  How then does the HTTP_USER_AGENT field deliniate between
> PC's?

I've been out of town and am coming at this thread late.  In case
nobody else has mentioned it, HTTP_USER_AGENT values are 1) non-
unique, and 2) often shared by applications on a single host (true
especially for Microsoft environments).

--

Richard Goerwitz                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel: 401 438 8978