I've run into a WEIRD problem that I think is ActivePerl related. I've
installed the PerlKB modules and added some debugging code to
PerlKB::Store.pm. The short story is that I have to shift TWICE to get rid
of the "PerlKB::Store"! This is with the latest ActivePerl which I just
installed tonight. And to top it off, once the config href is populated I
get an "illegal operation" error and no result. :-( My system is Win98 SE.

Any ideas? This is just weird...

C:\install\PerlKB-0.02\example>perl -v

Copyright 1987-2001, Larry Wall

Binary build 629 provided by ActiveState Tool Corp. http://www.ActiveState.com
Built 12:27:04 Aug 20 2001

#### PerlKB::Store.pm
sub new {
         my $class = shift;
         $class = ref $class || $class;
         my $self = { };
         #shift;
         carp("new called w/ @_");
         print Dumper($self->{config});
}

C:\install\PerlKB-0.02\example>perl test.pl
new called w/ PerlKB::Store type File configuration
PerlKB::Configuration=HASH(0
x176f0d8) document_root ../lib at test.pl line 10
$VAR1 = {
           'PerlKB::Configuration=HASH(0x176f0d8)' => 'document_root',
           'PerlKB::Store' => 'type',
           '../lib' => undef,
           'File' => 'configuration'
         };
Can't call method "isa" on an undefined value at
E:/Perl/site/lib/PerlKB/Store.p
m line 29.

At 12:09 AM 10/11/01 -0500, James G Smith wrote:
>I've put together a tarball of the PerlKB modules:
>
>    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/perlkb/PerlKB-0.02.tar.gz
>
>The example/ directory has a little script that shows how the store objects
>work.  The scripts/ directory has a perl script that starts up the
>PerlKB::Shell monitor (modeled in a small way after the CPAN shell).
>
>Otherwise, it doesn't do a whole lot, but it's starting to come together.
>
>Project page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/perlkb/
>James Smith - [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.jamesmith.com/
>               [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |
> http://cis.tamu.edu/systems/opensystems/

Drew Taylor                     JA[P|m_p|SQL]H
http://www.drewtaylor.com/      Just Another Perl|mod_perl|SQL Hacker
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      *** God bless America! ***