Title: RE: Mod_perl component based architecture

You should really check out OpenInteract (http://www.openinteract.org).  It sounds like it has a lot of the hooks you're looking for (user management, templates, online content editing, etc) as well as a few you'll be looking for later (security, session management).  It is built on mod_perl and the Template Toolkit as well as many other standard CPAN modules.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 3:55 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Mod_perl component based architecture

> On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Dominique Quatravaux wrote:
>
> >   As for the remaining of the question, I've been wondering for myself if
> > there is a MVC (model-view-controller) framework for WWW publishing in
> > Perl ? I gather there exist quite a few for Java, but I couldn't find
> > anything significant under Perl.
>
> Quite a few, as the other posts in thread have already made
> reference to. In addition, there is also CGI::Application, which
> supports templating via HTML::Template and uses an MVC architecture
> as well.

Are any of the packages mentioned particularly suited to client
content management packages where the client can manage some
limeted page content text/graphics but not really mess with the
overall page layout and site content. I'm about to start researching
this but would like input from the "experts".

Michael