On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Thomas Moore wrote:

> I spoke to the technical lead at Yahoo who said mod_perl will not scale as
> well as c++ when you get to their level of traffic, but for a large
> ecommerce site mod_perl is fine.

Well, Yahoo is _extremely_ atypical.  And they do a lot of stuff that
involves custom coded Apache modules (in C, I think, not C++, though maybe
both).  Amazon reportedly uses a similar approach.  Jeremy Zawodny is a
frequent contributor on the MySQL list and a Perl guy so if you're really
curious you could probably email him a polite question for more details.
He's a nice guy.

-dave

www.urth.org
We await the New Sun