From: Jeff Yoak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 12:12 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: mod_perl vs. C for high performance Apache modules

Hi All,

         Recently I did a substantial project for a client in using
mod_perl.  That client is happy with the work, but an investor with their
company is very angry because of what a horrible choice mod_perl is for
high-load web applications compared with Apache modules and even CGI
programs, written in C.  If anyone on this list could forward any resources
that do comparisons along these lines, or even analysis of mod_perl's
handling of high-load web traffic, I would be very grateful.

Cheers,
Jeff

--
Jeff Yoak   626-705-6996