Servlet chaining is what the Java web server will do, and it has nothing to
do with load balancing (that I can think of).

ipchains is the command to enable firewall/packet filter/packet masquerading
capability in linux. I would suppose that it can be used to round-robin
requests or something, but I don't know how to set that up.