Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Stas Bekman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

>>Well, I've run the benchmark and it wasn't the case. Did it change
>>recently? Or do you think that the benchmark is not fair?
>>
>>we are talking about this item
>>http://perl.apache.org/guide/performance.html#Apache_args_vs_Apache_Request
>>

> Right- param() was rewritten as XS about 6-8 months ago; since then
> I've benchmarked it a few times and found param() to be a bit faster than
> args().  We'll be releasing a 1.0 version of libapreq as soon as Jim
> approves of the current CVS version.  Here's what I got using it on
> your benchmark (some differences: the tests were run against localhost
> running perl 5.00503 + mod_perl 1.26 + apache 1.3.22 and using Perl
> handlers instead of Apache::RegistryLoader scripts):

Great! Now we have an even broader benchmark. Please tell me when 1.0 is
released (in case I get carried away with other things and don't notice
the announce) and I'll make sure to update my benchmarking package,
re-run the benchmarks and correct the results in the guide.

Thanks Joe!

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://ticketmaster.com http://apacheweek.com