I could not agree more. I can not compute how much of my time would have
been saved over the last few years had I been able to say something
like  'We are using the Orwellian AppSphere 2002 running on Apache' to
VC's and management rather then 'Mod Perl'.....

Perception counts.... I am affectionate towards the mod_perl name after
so many years but its really not optimal.

John-