Hi ct !

On Wednesday 30 January 2002 01:29, Chris Thompson wrote:
> Well, I'd like to just throw one idea into the mix. It's something that's
> bugged me for a long time, no better time than the present.
>
> "mod_perl" is a lousy name.
>
> There, I've said it.

This discussion has occured already. The conclusion was simple: the name
won't change. Doug cut the talk saying that he won't change the name, and I
must say I agree.

That isn't to say your points are invalid, you're concern is justified. The
solution here is not to change modperl's name. modperl, in a way, is a low
level thing. It's "just" Perl + Apache. When in need of a convincing name,
say "I use Foo" where Foo is the name of something that runs on top of
modperl. "I use AxKit", "I use FooAppFramework", etc. can sound a lot better.

Of course, on top of that you need a good looking website with marketing
talk. In any case changing the name alone doesn't help. Website content
welcome ;-)

Robin Berjon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- CTO
k n o w s c a p e : // venture knowledge agency www.knowscape.com
Paranoids are people, too; they have their own problems.  It's easy
to criticize, but if everybody hated you, you'd be paranoid too.