> > I would suggest changing the PerlSetVar variables
> > to actual apache configuration directives which would change this :
> >
> > my @auth_modules=$r->dir_config->get("AuthModules");
> >
> > I don't have an immediate patch for this but have done it before.
> > If you would like me to work on this code no prob, otherwise check
> > the eagle book for some samples if unfamiliar.
>
> *nod*  I'm not sure that the syntax would work; $r->dir_config()
> would probably return an arrayref, and such; this needs to be
> tested.

You can specify anything for a directive as you can for dir_config() yet
it is more extensible : Syntax checking, ability to set in '.htaccess' files
and of course everybodies favorite . . . it's faster ; )

Doesn't need to be implemented now but just a thought . . .

> I stole that almost whole hog from Template/Config.pm, lines
> 68-78.  Take it up with Andy. ;)
>
> The easiest thing would be to use Config, and do:
>
>   $module =~ s[::][$Config{'path_sep'}]g;
>
> Right?

Anything other than hardcoding and this is fine by me.
Although should probably compile once :
s[::][$Config{'path_sep'}]go;