At 5:11 PM -0500 3/22/02, Perrin Harkins wrote:
>In your case, PerlFreshRestart might help with what you're trying to
>do since it will clear %INC, but you may still have the problem with
>needing to call Init.

PerlFreshRestart will reload the module and thus call Init, but
PerlFreshRestart is only called when we fork a new process, it is not
called between the first and second parsing of the config file at
startup.

That seems like a bug to me.  If reading the config file twice is
intended to ensure that subsequent re-reads on HUP will work, then
*everything* should be the same, and that means if PerlFreshRestart
is set, it ought to happen there as well.

Oddly enough though, PerlFreshRestart is not required for this to
work after a HUP, even though it would seem to make sense.  Looking
at my debug output, it appears that -HUP doesn't cause the cleanup
handlers to be called, so the module is never unloaded.
--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/

everyone else's.