Stas Bekman wrote:
> Perrin Harkins wrote:
>
>> Stas Bekman wrote:
>>
>>> What you are saying is that when the server is started afresh, the
>>> newly started child processes share more memory with the parent, than
>>> newly started child processes some time later. Am I correct?
>>

>> Yes, exactly.
>

> Any ideas why?

Not really.  I thought maybe it was because of something changing in the
parent process, but that doesn't seem possible.

There was a long thread a little while back about turning swap off and
on again to solve this.  I've never tried that.  I think restarting
every 24 hours is a good idea anyway, because I've seen strange things
happen now and then when a server is up for a long time.

- Perrin