Perrin Harkins wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> Perrin Harkins wrote:

>> Any ideas why?
>

> Not really.  I thought maybe it was because of something changing in the
> parent process, but that doesn't seem possible.
>
> There was a long thread a little while back about turning swap off and
> on again to solve this.  I've never tried that.  I think restarting
> every 24 hours is a good idea anyway, because I've seen strange things
> happen now and then when a server is up for a long time.

But that's unrelated to whether you kill the processes or not. Has
anyone seen a similar behavior as described at the top of this post,
when you have no swapping at all?

 > I think restarting
 > every 24 hours is a good idea anyway, because I've seen strange things
 > happen now and then when a server is up for a long time.

It probably depends on what you do. I've restarted my production servers
once in a few months, when something was going wrong. But as I said it
depends on what do you do with mod_perl.