Gregory Matthews wrote:
> Stas:
>
> Since you wrote the script, do you recommend some good default settings
> in GTopLimit to start with, i.e.,

Not really. It all depends on how many modules do you use and how big
they are when compiled. I repeat many times in the guide, that all the
examples are only examples. pretty much each setup is unique and there
is no one-fit all setting.

> use Apache::GTopLimit;
>
> Apache::GTopLimit->set_max_size(10000);
> Apache::GTopLimit->set_min_shared_size(4000);
> Apache::GTopLimit->set_max_unshared_size(6000);

Use Apache::VMonitor and it'll give you a good idea what are the
settings that you want. Since it shows you the shared and max sizes.

> $Apache::GTopLimit::CHECK_EVERY_N_REQUESTS = 2;

This one is easy. If your processes are losing the shared memory slowly,
raise this number, so less checks will be made. Otherwise keep it small.
Again work with Apache::VMonitor and you will figure out the perfect setup.

> I would like to start with recommended defaults and tweak if necessary
> from there.

See above.