Hi,

-- Doug MacEachern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> dso should be fine with 1.26 or 1.27, provided you are using Perl 5.6.1
> or  higher.  5.005_03 still has leakage.

no, as mentioned some months ago in the list, on FreeBSD with mod_perl 1.26
as DSO and Perl 5.6.1 there are big leaks: every mod_perl which should be
shared between the forked shilds seems to be allocated new (and additional)
every restart (including graceful) again and at startup twice.

Tested with:

  - Manual build perl 5.6.1 from sources, mod_perl 1.26 from sources as
DSO,
    Apache from the ports.

  - Perl 5.6.1 from ports, mod_perl 1.26 (DSO) from ports, Apache from ports

  - Perl 5.005... from FreeBSD base system and all from ports.

All with different options, threads off, usemymalloc off and on, ...

I didn't found any configuration, with which it worked and doesn't eat all
the Memory which should be shared every (re)start.

If I can help in fixing this bug, I'll do this! :-)

Ciao
  Alvar

--
// Stop Censorship!     http://www.odem.org/informationsfreiheit/en/