>> I think it is relatively an easy move, IMHO.  Just beaware that the
>> Mac OS filesystem is NOT case-sensitive.  Which can cause problems
>> with certain applications. . .and we hope (Apple, you listening?) that
>> they will fix this gross over-sight.

I agree it's a problem, and it's caused me some heartache, but Apple,
and many of my Apple zealot friends definitely consider it a feature,
not a bug. Another annoying thing that may happen while migrating
directory structures is:

if you have two directorie with
/dir_this/dir_that/[lotsof.pl]
/dir_dir/dir_this/dir_the_other/[lotsmore.pl]

and you're in /
cp|mv dir_this dir_dir
will
cp|mv dir_that to /dir_dir/dir_this/dir_that

BUT

dir_the_other will be gone.

Another "feature"

Dvaid