--- Per Einar Ellefsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 23:06 12.06.2002, md wrote:

> I'm not quite sure about this, been wondering about
> it, but in theory you
> should be able to use
> DirectoryIndex index.phtml
> and like that you won't have to worry about "/" etc
> anymore.
> Try it out..

And so I did...it won't work since mod_dir (as far as
I can tell) looks for a physical file, and my
index.phtml is virtual.

What I'm really trying to do is more like the PHP I'm
replacing. I should be able to go to:

www.someserver.com/index.phtml for a dynamic page
and
www.someserver.com/index.html for a static page.

I'm guessing that my best solution would be to use
HTML::Mason or Apache::ASP instead of
Template-Toolkit. However, I can' really do that...it
took me a while to get the designers to use TT, and I
doubt I can get them to change again.

I may try using the PerlTransHandler to change the uri
to a location...say with
www.someserver.com/index.phtml the uri gets changed to
/modperl (or www.someserver.com/somedir/index.phtml
the uri becomes /modperl/somedir) which is used in a
<Location /modperl> directive.