--- Per Einar Ellefsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 16:04 13.06.2002, md wrote:

> >What I'm really trying to do is more like the PHP
> I'm
> >replacing. I should be able to go to:
> >
> >www.someserver.com/index.phtml for a dynamic page
> >and
> >www.someserver.com/index.html for a static page.
>
> Does PHP do that?

Yes...since both index.html and index.php are physical
files.

> Using HTML::Mason or Apache::ASP won't solve
> anything special. It's still
> the same basic thing.

Except that there will by a physical file with
embedded code like PHP, so I think Mason and
Apache::ASP would be closer to what I want. However, I
don't have that option.

I'd really like to use a Location, but the request is
to keep existing directory structures (over 200
top-level directories) and the main index page needs
to be dynamic as well.

> Let's assess your situation a litte: why can't you
> just put your TT
> templates into your document root, and do like with
> your PHP pages? That
> would solve the current problem you seem to be
> facing.

Because the templates need to be processed by a
mod_perl script and I need to map that somehow.

> Furthermore, have
> you looked into the Apache::Template module? I think
> it's pretty close to
> what you want.

I haven't looked at it, but I believe it's just a
wrapper to Template-Toolkit.

Thanks for the suggestions :)