At 16:04 13.06.2002, md wrote:

>--- Per Einar Ellefsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > At 23:06 12.06.2002, md wrote:
>
> > I'm not quite sure about this, been wondering about
> > it, but in theory you
> > should be able to use
> > DirectoryIndex index.phtml
> > and like that you won't have to worry about "/" etc
> > anymore.
> > Try it out..
>
>And so I did...it won't work since mod_dir (as far as
>I can tell) looks for a physical file, and my
>index.phtml is virtual.

Ok, too bad.

>What I'm really trying to do is more like the PHP I'm
>replacing. I should be able to go to:
>
>www.someserver.com/index.phtml for a dynamic page
>and
>www.someserver.com/index.html for a static page.

Does PHP do that?

>I'm guessing that my best solution would be to use
>HTML::Mason or Apache::ASP instead of
>Template-Toolkit. However, I can' really do that...it
>took me a while to get the designers to use TT, and I
>doubt I can get them to change again.

Using HTML::Mason or Apache::ASP won't solve anything special. It's still
the same basic thing.

>I may try using the PerlTransHandler to change the uri
>to a location...say with
>www.someserver.com/index.phtml the uri gets changed to
>/modperl (or www.someserver.com/somedir/index.phtml
>the uri becomes /modperl/somedir) which is used in a
><Location /modperl> directive.

Let's assess your situation a litte: why can't you just put your TT
templates into your document root, and do like with your PHP pages? That
would solve the current problem you seem to be facing. Furthermore, have
you looked into the Apache::Template module? I think it's pretty close to
what you want.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]