Larry Leszczynski wrote:

> Hi Stas -
>
> > We were thinking to try removing font-family completely. Does anybody
> > know of any problems with this approach?
>
> I don't think the problem is the font-family but instead specifying
> font-size in pixels.  I'm not a stylesheet expert but we had lots of
> trouble getting good cross-browser results using pixels for font size, and
> ended up using "em" instead (which also still lets users use their browser
> options to make the font bigger and smaller if they want to.  For simple
> example see:
>     http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/98/15/index1a_page3.html?tw=authoring
>
> Larry Leszczynski
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

for the major part of the content we haven't specified a
font-size at all [it's our-commented in the stylesheet].

however, when we do specify a font-size we do in fact
already use "ems". you can verify it by
increasing/decreasing the font-size in your browser font-settings.

we use the more fixed notation of pixels mostly for
non-content stuff like input-elements.

./allan