Ged Haywood wrote:

> Hi all,

> > > I don't think the problem is the font-family
> >
> > for the major part of the content we haven't specified a
> > font-size at all
>
> Once I did a lot of cross-browser/cross-platform stuff, and in the end
> to get decent results I had to check the incoming headers for browser,
> version AND operating system and then modify the HTML to suit.  It was
> admittedly a fairly picky set of pages, where layout was everything to
> the Client.
>
> There's really no substitute for viewing the pages on every browser/OS
> combination - all sorts of quirky things appear when you least expect
> it - but it makes for a very crowded desktop.  I had nine computers on
> there at the time.
>
> 73,
> Ged.

yes and i think people don't realize one of the cool things about the
code for the new mod_perl site which is the fact that we don't ask for
browser and/or operating system either on client or server side. the
html/stylesheet is excactly the same regardles of platform. that's a
lot easier to maintain in the long run (and a lot harder to develop if
we want a decent result)

./allan