At 09:24 PM 7/13/2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Gunther Birznieks wrote:
>>I agree! It is great work. It looks really slick.
>
>:)
>
>>Unfortunately, the mod_perl guide documentation area has lost
>>functionality. I wanted to download the "latest" guide before my 23 hour
>>flight to the USA (to read on the flight) and was dismayed to find hours
>>before my flight that it is impossible to get a full HTML or full PDF
>>download of the entire guide anymore...
>>You can get a PDF of single pages (of which I don't know the reason?),
>>but the guide itself is quite hard.
>
>eh? what do you mean? it's all there, go to:
>http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/index.html
>click on the pdf button in the right upper corner and you get this:
>http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/guide.pdf
>
>Notice though, that parts non-specific to mod_perl 1.0 has now moved to
>http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/index.html

Oh  I see it does work. I suppose the PDF buttons on every page is what
confused me though. So if you go to the front-page of the docs section,
just the front-page gets generated in a PDF, if you go to a page within the
guide, then just that section gets generated.

The only PDF icon that actually generates a full guide (and it is
inconsistent with what the rest of the website PDF icons do) is the
actually guide.pdf.

A "constructive" suggestion would be that the icon for PDF on the main
guide page should explicitly say "PDF of entire guide" or something other
than the simple PDF icons on all the other pages of the website.

Or perhaps remove the PDF icons entirely off the rest of the website. After
all, who really wants to generate a PDF of a single HTML page they already
read?

>Stas Bekman            JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker
>http://stason.org/     mod_perl Guide ---> http://perl.apache.org
>mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://use.perl.org http://apacheweek.com
>http://modperlbook.org http://apache.org   http://ticketmaster.com

Gunther Birznieks ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
eXtropia - The Open Web Technology Company
http://www.eXtropia.com/
Office: (65) 64791172 Mobile: (65) 96218290