From: "Jeff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Another time, a contractor working for me complained bitterly about
> someone elses obtuse code and lack of comments - the other party
> said 'Why don't you scroll up?', which he did - lo and behold, about
> two pages of beautiful comment. Mmmm as he read the comments, from
> the top, the complainant highlighted each line [easier to read] and
> when he understood the point of it all, pressed Enter - not
> realising that this replaced two screens of comment with an empty
> line... ah ha! we finally figured out the answer to the song:
> 'Where have all the comments gone?'

Good story - and a good tie-in to the other off-topic thread about
whether on not it is worth the trouble to use CVS.  If you make sure
that the only way to get between your workspaces and the test/production
servers is a commit/update step, cvsweb can always provide a color-coded
answer to questions like that.

---
  Les Mikesell
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]