I extended Robert Jones' Perl Obfuscator, Shroud into what I am calling Shroud+. I
needed it to protect some rather extensive scripts I have developed for
Inventory and Image Gallery management on client web sites.

It seems to work just fine with mp2 and my source code, so I thought I would
let folks know about it here, in case they find it useful.

New stuff includes:

- Specification of input/output directories

- Writing of status info to STDOUT

- Replacement of internal subroutine names (those beginning with an
  underscore "_" character).

- Optionally replace public subroutine names if the input
  is a perl Module (.pm file) AND if you specify that an externalmap should be
  created.

- For scripts (not .pm modules ) it will optionally take an externalmap file and
  use this to rename subroutine calls to be consistent with the Perl Module that
  was used to create the externalmap file.

- Replacement of  'use constants' definitions with capitalized shrouded
  identifiers

- Replace object-oriented attributes that take the form
  '$self->{ "_attr" } = "something";' and that are found inside a constructor (sub
  new).

- removal of tabs and condensing of multiple spaces

- removal of newlines

- POD updated to reflect the above and more bugs/features/caveats noted.

It's posted on http://www.chaeron.com

Regards,

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com