> I just want to go on the record to say that I consider your action
> personally offensive and ethically questionable.

I agree with the 'ethically questionable' part. Copyright laws should be
enough to protect your source. As far as I'm concerned if you encrypt
your source it's because you want to hide the fact that you've stolen
some code from somewhere else - but that's a personal point of view.

However I don't find his action very offensive. This guy is just making
a tool and sharing the source with us. You can't blame him for that.

> A lot of people have worked very hard to bring you an open source
> platform to stand on.
>
> And now you spit in their face, by trying to pretend YOUR work is
> worthy of more locking up than the source code you are using to create
> your work.

Those people chose to work under a license which allows this kind of
stuff to be done. To me it means that they have explicitly given their
permission to do so. If you are - quite understandably - unhappy with
this matter, make your own license for the software you write.

Best Regards,
--
Building a better web - http://www.mkdoc.com/
Jean-Michel Hiver