> On Tue, 24 Dec 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am wondering if it is possible to write a handler
> which parses the very first header line, say..

No, it's not possible. (Unless I'm really missing something)

> where the line followed by [C] stands for the line sent by the client,
> and the line followed by [S] is the line sent by some perl module.

It sounds to me as though you want to use Apache as a network service framework. Not a
bad idea, but Apache already stands on a set protocol. Is this right, or do you
actually want to run Apache as a web server on port 80 AND have this non-HTTP thing
going on at the same time from the same port?

---
Rodney Broom
President, R.Broom Consulting
http://www.rbroom.com/