> if my 'new http method' you mean something other that GET, POST, PUT, etc
> then no, you cannot (in Apache 1.3, at least).

yea. you got exactly what I mean!! :D
I want to put this non HTTP thing together with some other Apache::Registry
scripts on the same port 80 with modperl 1.27 and Apache 1.3.
The problem was that I could not find any clues in the 1.3 Guide (sorry I am
quite new to how Apache process a request).

> just about the only thing you cannot do with mod_perl is parse the Request
> Line - that is handled by Apache before the request cycle starts.  so
Apache
> will intercept the requests before the PerlPostReadRequestHandler runs,
> similar to the way it intercepts HTTP/1.1 requests without a Host header.
>
> in Apache/mod_perl 2.0, you can write an input filter that _does_ allow
you
> do parse the Request Line yourself.  then again, you can write a protocol
> handler for any protocol you can dream up, so there's no reason to mess
with
> HTTP :)

Thanks!! I got it now =)

P.S.: wish you all a merry christmas! :D