On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 02:05:24PM -0500, Dan Brosemer wrote:
> This is not the problem I'm seeing at all.  You'll note from this thread
> http://monkey.org/openbsd/archive/misc/0302/msg01943.html
> that I see this same problem when using the sources from apache.org (no
> chroot available to be a problem).
>
> It seems related to compiling mod_perl as DSO and nothing else.
>
> To correct the problem you're seeing, I found it useful to make
> /var/www/var/www a symlink to /
tried it. It did not work. What happens is the same /var/www/cgi-bin
is used by httpd when in chroot or not. The error is the notorious
Premature end of Script headers.. Which occurs only in chroot env.
chown to www.www doesn't make any diff && the chmod will be the same.
Appreciate the solution although it didn't work for me.
before I forget for this wanting to apache in chroot w/startup.pl

Here is a snippit for those using startup.pl in chroot that works ..

#!/usr/bin/perl

#modify the include path before we do anything
BEGIN {

  use Apache ();
  use lib Apache->server_root_relative('/lib/perl');
  ## Note:
  # in chroot env server_root_relative is absolute from chroot /
  ##
}

I am starting to think it is not too practical running apache chrooted
at this time. I had thought that once the libs were in place etc
everything would work exactly the same. ;-}
Well off to parse the dso stuff. I might be real sorry I sed that;-)

Best Regards,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
/*  Security is a work in progress - dreamwvr                 */
#