Dan Brosemer wrote:
> Here's the thread to date:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=104586287823510&w=2

That gets

> The plot thickens. Loading mod_perl statically gets rid of this problem.
> Even with otherwise-identical configure arguments.
>
> Yet, the DSO mod_perl works fine except when I preload DBI.
>
> I'm _quite_ confused. I'd really like the DSO method to work, as then I
> wouldn't have to modify the OpenBSD source tree (any more than I normally
> do, anyway). Does anyone have suggestions?

This sounds kind of similar to some problems I had on Debian. Try a
groups.google.com search for author of 'Keith G. Murphy' and subject of
"Memory leak on reload when the 'Pg' driver is preloaded" or even
"Apache segfaulting upon perl module load".

I gave up on it quite some time ago and started using the statically
linked mod_perl.