Hi Ric,

This has been a nightmare trying to debug, but I think I've found where
the cause is in my module.

In my Access handler I have some code designed to skip Access handling for
images (let the html pages take care of that). The code calls
$r->lookup_uri to check on the content type of the file being requested,
which, according to the mod_perl cookbook, forces the subrequest back
through the Access and Auth stages (recipe 3.15, pp. 114-116).

    if ($r->lookup_uri($r->uri)->content_type =~ /image/) {
        return Apache::DECLINED;
    }

Do you have this, or something similar, in your code?

My debugging was greatly complicated by the fact the the Apache::Test
framework apparently requests / from the server as a "ping" before
starting any tests. So I was consistently getting five calls to the Access
handler for the four tests in t/hooks.access.t when reconfigured to use
TesHooks::access for <Location /> -- watch out for this, all.

- nick

--

Nick Tonkin   {|8^)>