At 17:38 04.04.2003, Melchior, Matthijs wrote:

Sebastian,
        Sooo...., it IS possible to get this running on W2000.
thanks!

Of course it's possible... :-P
I've been running it for a year now I think... though my main Apache box is WinNT 4 SP6a.

Now the big question: what is different between your system
and ours...?

Do you remember what happened during install....,
what non-standard files [installed after base W2000] you have
on your machine, or any other things that may explain the difference.

Nothing special... Win2k Pro SP2, some patches for security...

What exactly is your problem with the installation?
Mine went through without complaining, and the Apache worked after that.
mod_perl-2 is installed over ActivePerl 5.8's PPM shell.

No problems anywhere. Just now with 2.0.45. :-)

We can get in touch off-list and exchange more details....

Sure... maybe this annoys the other list-readers... but maybe it's also helpful for others!

Bye,
        Sebastian.

--
If You're European, do something for YOUR civil rights: http://www.stop1984.com