At 18:14 04.04.2003, Melchior, Matthijs wrote:
Well, the problem does not occur at installation time, that was
without problem. It happens when Apache wants to load mod_perl.so,
then it dies with error "The specified procedure could not be found."
Note, it talks about 'prodedure', not 'module'.  To me this
means that the loading of the module failed because the
dynamic linker [the unix name, dont know the windows term...]
cannot resolve a symbol in mod_perl.so or one of the referenced
libraries. Unfortunately, windows does not tell me the name of
the problematic symbol so I have no idea where to look!

How exactly do you install Apache and mod_perl-2?

My install/upgrade process is this:

- Install Apache via MSI file
- Open ActivePerl's PPM
- Add mod_perl-2 PPM repository ( http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer58 ActivePerl 5.8 only)
- install mod_perl from that repository, the PPM package installation will place the mod_perl.so file in the correct Apache directory.

My first guess is that you are using a wrong version of mod_perl... maybe you are trying to use mod_perl-1 with Apache 2?
Or maybe just an outdated mod_perl-2 with Apache 2?
The way I described above works perfectly for 2.0.43 and 2.0.44...

Another thing might be the config file.
My current lines for mod_perl-2 in httpd.conf:

Loadmodule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so
(Then some handlers for my directories so .pl files get executed with mod_perl,
but these only matter when you can start Apache/mod_perl at all)
PerlSwitches -Mblib=C:\Apache2
PerlRequire "C:/Apache2/conf/startup.pl"
PerlModule Apache::Reload
PerlInitHandler Apache::Reload

Maybe some of the rather important settings for mod_perl-2 are wrong in your config...

I was thinking about boring details like versions of DLL's in
\winnt\system32 and places like that....  If we can solve this
without resorting to that comparation, even better.

No idea about those, but Apache is probably away far enough from the OS to not be dependent on Win32 System DLLs...

Bye,
        Sebastian.

--
If You're European, do something for YOUR civil rights: http://www.stop1984.com