At 18:35 04.04.2003, Randy Kobes wrote:
If this is with ActivePerl 8xx, though, then it may be that
there's an incompatibility between modules compiled against
Apache 2.0.44 (which the mod_perl ppm package on our site was
compiled against) and Apache 2.0.45. The Apache group says that,
starting with 2.0.42, they're working at maintaining
configuration and module interface compatibility, so in principle
upgrading from 2.0.44 to 2.0.45 shouldn't be a problem. But with
a combination of Win32 and the relative complexity of mod_perl 2,
this compatibility may not have survived .... I've tried
compiling the current cvs mod_perl 2 sources against Apache
2.0.45, but have run into a problem (unrelated to the 2.0.45
upgrade) that hasn't yet been resolved. Given the security fixes
for Win32 present in 2.0.45, if you feel uneasy about reverting
to 2.0.44, I could make available a mod_perl 2 package based on
not-so-current cvs sources compiled against 2.0.45 until the
problem in the current cvs version is fixed.

Yes, It's ActivePerl 5.8.0.805.

About the mod_perl-2 recompile: It's not necessary for me.
Thank You for the offer, but this machine is a private one anyway,
and I can stay on 2.0.44 until the fixed CVS is there and compiled.

I guess You'll drop a message here when that happens? :-)

Thank You,
        Sebastian.

--
If You're European, do something for YOUR civil rights: http://www.stop1984.com