Hi!

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 01:37:59PM -0700, Dennis G. Allard wrote:
> Please note, though, one of my goals in life is to rely on my software
> providers to do the work of providing me with a stable, tested,
> updatable OS and associated tools.  If I download 'out of band' updates,
> then I can no longer rely on Red Hat's network update tool, for example.
>
> With all due respect for your fine work, which is awesome, there are
> application developers such as myself out there who simply don't have
> time to track the bleeding edge except when absolutely forced to do so
> (which sometimes does happen).

The latest Red Hat comes with Apache 2 (because Apache 2 is quite stable).
Unfortunatly mod_perl 2.0 is /not/ that finished (Sorry Stas..). But because
Red Hat wants to provide mod_perl to its Users, they included the Beta
Version in their distro.

So blame them ...

> > /home/stas> perl-blead           -Mmod_perl -le 'print mod_perl->VERSION'
> > 1.2701
> > /home/stas> perl-blead -MApache2 -Mmod_perl -le 'print mod_perl->VERSION'
> > 1.9910
>
> Bummer, I don't have perl-blead and there are only 17 references to it
> in the entire history of Dejanews, none that seem to point to a
> download...

You don't need perl-blead (which is probably Stas' install of the latest
unstable Perl version)

This will do the same job:
% perl -Mmod-perl -le 'print mod_perl->VERSION'

--
#!/usr/bin/perl                               http://domm.zsi.at