To: "Slava Bizyayev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 6:46 AM
Subject: Re: How practical is that Practical mod_perl?

ok, i thought you might have been referred to problems that early
versions of IE6 seemed to have with gzip, or with deflate problems in
mozilla/n6.

Slava Bizyayev wrote:

NN-4.X sends HTTP header

Accept-Encoding: gzip

requesting any web content. Unfortunately NN-4.X fails to ungzip css

files

and JavaScript libraries. It is pretty old and well-known bug in NN-4.X.

work around this bug mod_gzip uses internal procedures for recognition of
NN-4.X. The similar approach is used in mod_deflate. Apache::GzipChain

does

not have internal resources to work around this bug.

You can find on CPAN
http://search.cpan.org/author/SLAVA/Apache-CompressClientFixup-0.06/

which

is supposed to serve any mod_perl compressor including Apache::GzipChain,
but this handler is missed in example on p.402.