Hi all,

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Slava Bizyayev wrote:

> We should together refrain from doing mistakes (at least publicly).

It is unrealistic (and perhaps a little Oriental?) to refuse to accept
that we make mistakes, and that we will continue to make them.  It is
far more constructive to prepare for them - usually one would try to
minimise their impact; to acknowledge them, and if necessary to own up
to them :) when they are made; and to take whatever corrective action
might be called for in a timely fashion.

In all the above, for several years Stas has set us a fine example.

> Personally I fail to understand: Why would I hesitate to ask list
> for a help being ordered to write (or review) things in which I feel
> not quite expert? Of course, it is not mandatory to do when you feel
> strong enough to take full responsibility for the result...

I don't know if I fully understand what you're saying here.

When, here on this List and on numerous occasions, Stas begged us for
reviews of the text of his book, did you respond?

Many of us did.  If we missed some mistakes we will all share the
blame and I for one am quite happy with that.

Let's call an end to this.

73,
Ged.