MJH wrote:
On Friday 28 May 2004 01:36 pm, Stas Bekman wrote:

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/APR/Date.html

Are these parsers any faster than the perl module ones? (Ie. any reason
for using these over Date::Time or similar?)

They are written in C, so if Date::Time is not, APR::Date is probably faster. But don't take my word for granted as I didn't benchmark -- run Benchmark.pm and post your findings to the list for the rest to know. Thanks!

I finally got chance to do this, here's the results from parsing 'Sun, 06 Nov 1994 08:49:37 GMT', with 10000 iterations using Benchmark::timethis. There's actually quite a number of different date parsing modules on cpan, each of which does something slightly different.

Would you be willing to add other modules to your benchmark? I would be interested to see how HTTP::Date and DateTime::Format::HTTP (which uses HTTP::Date) compare.

Thanks,
Stuart Johnston