On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 11:53, Chris Ochs wrote:
> I thought I would chime in here.  Many are probably not aware of the new
> security regulations by Visa and Mastercard that are now in effect.

Thanks for the info, Chris.  Is Payment Online a Verisign competitor?
Does it have a mod_perl-friendly API?

> Among the requirements, all card data must be encrypted and stored on a
> server that is not directly connected to the internet

I assume a database server would qualify as long it's on a separate
machine from your web app.

> you have to use two factor authentication for all
> remote access

What counts as two factor authentication here?  Something like IP
address and password?  Or do you have to plug some physical key into the
web server so it can access the database?

- Perrin