--- Perrin Harkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Bart Simpson wrote:
> > OK. its good for  Encoding as in changing forms
> but
> > not hiding from other readers. I think i get the
> > difference. Encode does not imply any secrecy or
> > privacy where as encrypt does.
>
> Right.
>
> > Aside [
> > I looked encode and cryptography (encrypt wasn't
> in my
> > webster collegiate paperback)
>
> You used paper?  Did someone break Google? :)
> http://www.google.com/search?q=define%3Aencode
> http://www.google.com/search?q=define%3Aencrypt

HEE hee. i knew someone would say this. it is pretty
silly to look up those two word in print book and
expect to get a good response. I was kind of after the
pure definitions and also I like print books, this
especially applies to dictionaries, because i see new
stuff on the way to what i'm looking for.  Doing a web
search , i see a little on what i was looking for only
and a great deal of ads.

> For a detailed discussion of encryption and Perl,
> pick up O'Reilly's
> Mastering Algorithms with Perl.  It's a good book,
> with a whole chapter
> discussing encryption.
>
> - Perrin

thanks , i'll check it out.