On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 08:23:42AM -0500, JupiterHost.Net wrote:

> >This sounds really awesome. Thanks. just what we need.
> >
> >Can one key decrypt the whole batch of cards?
>
> I didn't look to close but I'm thinking "no" since it was randomly
> generated, and a single key for them all would again make it pointless
> to do anything with it because all they need now is one piece of data to
> see all the CC info. Instead of one per record.
>
> Just my .02 ;p
>
> Lee.M - JupiterHost.Net

The blowfish keys are randomly generated for each transaction, but the RSA keys
remain the same.  Business::OnlinePayment::StoredTransaction::Unstore
uses the RSA private key to decrypt each blowfish key, then uses that blowfish
key to decrypt the transaction.  Thus, as far as the module user is concerned
the keys remain the same.

If you want something that uses a separate key for each transaction, I have
another module which effectively accomplishes this, but it's not ready for
production yet.  I'm not sure why you'd want this though, as it becomes a
key management nightmare.

BTW, I will be talking about a bunch of new tricks for credit card processing
at YAPC::Europe this year, as well as, (just to bring the topic back to
mod_perl) the experience I had building an MTA using Apache and mod_perl.

mock